Wednesday, December 10, 2008

A fun time in our household

Kara has two teeth coming in. It makes her sleepy and grouchy. I, on the other hand, have a migraine. This "companion" of mine has been around since Sunday night. The pain hasn't been too bad until yesterday afternoon. I thought my head was going to explode. I still worked but as soon as I was finished I headed straight for bed along with Kara. We just laid there watching TV. When she finally dozed off, I dozed off. I had her in the bed with me so I could hear and feel her moving when she woke up. To my amazement, she fell asleep at 6:30 and just woke up this morning at 7:45. I still have the pain, but its not as bad as yesterday afternoon. I just hope it doesn't get like yesterday. I have housework to do and I feel bad for spending the whole night in bed. Sometimes, we mothers need a break and I guess the migraine was a way to remind me.

1 comment:

Tara said...

I have been living with migraines for years. I've been through MRIs, CAT scans, in physical therapy, on every type of medication possible, massage therapy and the only thing that seemed to help me was getting C2 block shots in my neck and forehead. They stopped completely after my 3rd month of pregnancy and started back as soon as I had Andrew. I guess we weren't two of the lucky ones that no longer have them after pregnancy.