Thursday, September 10, 2009

A Friendly Labor Day

This weekend was different for me. I was busy Saturday-Monday. Normally, I am trying to find things to do. Saturday afternoon, Kara went to her daddy's house. When she got home, we hit the road. Kara went to grandma's house and I met up with a good friend of mine. We haven't seen each other in 4 years. Life and relationships kept up from seeing and talking with each other. It was nice to catch up. We went to the movies then got caught up with each other lives. Sunday, I spent the day relaxing. Mom kept Kara an extra night so I could relax and have some alone time. Monday, I went to Kernesville to pick up Kara. We were in the grocery store buying items for dinner when my friend, "Sally" called me. Kara and I were invited to a cook out hosted by her parents. I was reaquinted with some people that used to be in my youth group. Again, it was nice to catch up and let the kids play and get to know each other. I have to admit, it was strange seeing everyone I grew up with having babies. Below is a picture of Kara and two of the children. We are hoping to have more play dates so they can be the best of friends.
I apologize for the small size. This was taken with the camera on my phone.

No comments: