Monday, June 28, 2010

Thirty Minutes

Steele Magnolias is one of my favorite movies. I have seen it countless times. I hate to admit it, I can say each line along with the movie.

There are scenes and quotes that clearly make me laugh anytime of the day. They also make me cry.

One of my favorite quotes: "I would rather have thirty minutes of wonderful than a lifetime of nothing special." This was said after Shelby told her mother she was pregnant. As much as I have seen this movie, I never fully understood those words until a year ago.

Last year, an event took place, that shook me to the core and tore my word apart. I lost something that had been apart of me for 3 years. It was supposed to last a lifetime. Alot has happened in 12 months. Bad times, but mostly good. I learned just how strong I can be. I have a closer relationship with God. (yes, for those reading who don't agree I know I am not perfect and you aren't either).



If time could go backwards, I know exactly where I would want it to go and start over again. (That's my little secret.) Although my time didn't last a lifetime, I don't regret any part of it. I had my thirty minutes of wonderful.

No comments: