Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Kara~13 Months

I looked at my calendar and just realized Kara turned 13 months a week ago. I haven't had a chance to take many pictures. I feel bad about that. Its tough working a full time job and taking care of the house alone. I can't remember how I did it 3 years ago. Well, back then it was me and the cats so things were easier.

Yesterday, I got Kara's 12 month pictures done (a month late). It was difficult because Kara screamed and cried the entire time. I think we may have gotten 5 good shots. She has been going through this stage of screaming when I leave the room or leave her anywhere. Yesterday's photo session was a nightmare. She didn't like sitting on the table. She wanted to hold her blanket and suck her thumb the entire time. What makes her laugh at home made her cry harder. I am hoping this is a fast lived phase in her life.

On the good note, she eats everything I eat. She loves other people, especially older men. I have this good friend who she absolutely adores. We call him her adopted grandfather. I am so glad to be reconnected to him and his family. Now we just need to get all the grandkids together so they can play and hopefully, Kara will make lifetime friends.

She is not walking, yet. I thought for sure she would start last week. Today, she started to crawl with her feet and hands, so maybe she will figure out how to left her back up straight.

We both have a non spoken prayer request. I had a glipmse of something I have been praying about last week. I am sitting back and impatiently waiting for this situation to unfold. Just keep Kara and I in your thoughts in prayers.

2 comments:

Tara said...

Next time take the adopted grandfather to the picture session so maybe he can get her to smile. Photo sessions always make me nervous but luckily Andrew does great!

Rita said...

I might do that! This was the very first nightmare photo session. Not many pictures to choose from.