My mind has been in overload lately. I'm just going to let it fly.
Potty training: Scared to death about that. I'm afraid it will take Kara forever to learn and understand. I bought a potty today because I read an article that said buy one so toddlers can get used to it being in the house. I set the potty up and she sticks her head in it. She sits on it, but only the edge. She won't sit over the hole because she thinks she will fall in. I'm in no rush to start, but I have the need to start since I'm being pressured.
Toddler beds: I have no clue when I need to convert Kara's crib into her toddler bed. Right now, I enjoy leaving her bound behind her bars so she won't be roaming the house if she wakes up too early. Also, she still moves too much. I am afraid she would squirm to the bottom of the bed and fall out. I need to look at the manual to see how it actually converts.
Moving: Something I just thought about. I think my heart belongs in a different city. For some reason I have been thinking about moving back to Asheboro, NC. Then I start thinking if I want to go shopping at any other place than Wal-Mart, I will have to drive to Greensboro. I have a few more years to decide what school district I want Kara to go in.
Pork Chops: I teared up in the grocery store when I was shopping for meat. I used to cook pork chops once a week. I haven't fried a pork chop since July. Who would have thought food would bring up a memory?
1 comment:
Potty training - don't feel pressured! I am planning to start with Andrew when it warms up a little and he can run around naked.
Toddler bed - Andrew is 2 and we haven't converted his bed yet. We probably will soon but haven't for the very reasons you have mentioned.
Moving - definitely something to think about (meaning the school situation). And, well, shopping too.
Pork chops - isn't it amazing what strikes a nerve in us? You are strong and will get through this bumpy time.
Post a Comment