Thursday, August 20, 2009

God's Will vs My Will

In Sunday School we have been using Beth Moore's study, To Live Is Christ. It's a study about the life and ministry of Paul. I have missed alot because they started the study weeks before I started going to church, then I missed several classes due to either locking my keys in the house, Kara being sick or me being sick. I have the workbook, so I have been reading through the missed lessons. I am enjoying this study. At Piedmont Baptist College, I learned alot during my Pauline Epistles classes. My mind is being refreashed and I am learning more this time.

One thing that sticks in my mind, is finding peace in knowing God's will in various situations. One lady is praying about retiring early, another is trying to decide if her nephew can continue to live with her, I have a very special request that I am not ready to share yet. In my situation, I have peace that things will go the way I want it to. I am trying to figure out if this is really God's will or my will? I have a very strong peace something will happen although all the elements are against me.

Has anyone else struggled with knowing God's will?

2 comments:

jessica said...

I think everyone struggles with it at times. One step at a time, one day at a time...

Tara said...

I agree with Jessica...I think we all struggle with God's will vs. My will.