Saturday, August 29, 2009

A Good Day

I woke up this morning, not wanting to get out of bed. I am glad Kara stayed in her bed until 9:00am. I woke up feeling lonely and just depressed. It all started with a dream I had. I hate having dreams that make me waking up sad. I got Kara out of bed and fed her breakfast. Then we went back to bed just to lay and watch TV. We finally made it out of my room for lunch.

After lunch, we went to a birthday party for a family friend's little girl. I really haven't spent much time with this family since I graduated college in 2000. We just reunited a few weeks after I had Kara. It was nice to be around the group of people I grew up with. It was just like the old days. I know they have my back anytime I need it. I need it now more than anything.

Kara had a blast at the birthday party. She overloaded on junk. She had an ice cream sundae, chips and other snack foods. Kara also got to "help" break the pinata. Over all we had a good time. The birthday party was a little emotional for me. It broke my heart seeing all these little girls with thier fathers. Although Kara's dad sees her on Saturdays, he is still missing out on alot. Kara is growing by leaps and bounds. Everyday she does something new and exciting.

After the party, we met with another friend of mine. This friend was my best friend until I went to college and she got married. I ran into her parents last week and they gave me her number because she needs a good influence in my life. This friend also has a little girl. She was born 12 days before Kara. I just hope this friendship continues to grow again, so I can get out of the house and Kara will have another little girl to play with.

Even though the day started out depressing, the afternoon turned into something wonderful.

1 comment:

Tara said...

Glad you've reconnected with friends! Just take it one day at a time....