Thursday, October 15, 2009

Kara~14 months




Kara, today you are 14 months old. I still look at you and wonder where my not so tiny newborn went.




You are becoming a smart little girl. You no longer want my help in doing things unless you get so aggravated you start screaming in frustration. This month you learned how to unlock my desk drawers. Thats a big accomplishment since the keyhole is small. I just watched you figure out which way the key goes. It took you a day, but you finally figured it out.




You have started to say a few words: see, wanna see, stop, and baby. You hold and comfort your baby dolls and stuffed animals, just like I have since day one. You hold them on your shoulder, twist back and forth and pat their backs. I love watching you love on your babies.




You haven't started walking yet. Although, you finally figured out you can walk as long as you are pushing something. Your favorite thing to walk and push are the office chairs. Your second favorite is your high chair. You are finally getting brave enough to walk behind the walking toy your Uncle Ronnie and Lem gave you for your birthday. I know it won't be long and you will be walking on your own. For now, I'm emjoying your crawling. It means I have my baby for a little while longer.



You still enjoy music. Your favorite toys are the ones that play a melody. Once you start to recognize it you sing along and clap your hands. Until you recognize it you just sway back and forth and bob your head.




Kara, you are growing up too fast. I enjoying spending every day with you. I enjoy seeing the world through your eyes. I look forward to many more days with you.


1 comment:

jessica said...

It's fun to read what she's doing. It's amazing to watch all the things they pick up, isn't it?!