Kara has a favorite blanket. When she gets upset she holds it up to her face and sucks her thumb. I noticed she has been doing this since July. She does it when I leave her in the care of the church nursery, gym daycare or when Jeff leaves after dropping Kara off at home.
She CANNOT go anywhere without it. Once, I made the mistake of not taking it with us in 100 degree heat. I had to turn the car around before she would calm down. This blanket is her best friend and security. I wish I could say it was this same shade of pink. It has a dingy look now, and its stained. I am not looking forward to the day I have to get her a new one. I have been thinking of buying a second one for her to alternate with. I have this feeling she would know the difference. I should have gave her other blankets to get used to.
Jeff and I call her Linus from the Peanuts because he carried his blanket around sucking his thumb. Jeff gave her a Linus doll, given to him by his late sister many years ago. He did the same thing. I seen his baby pictures, he even looked like Linus. Just a few strands of hair sticking up.

1 comment:
I love it. That is so cute! And I love the Peanuts too. A second one is a good idea. I agree she will probably know the difference, but it's worth a try. :)
Post a Comment