Sunday, August 15, 2010

Happy Birthday, Kara!
















Kara,
As of 6:00pm today, you are 2 years old! I can't believe how time flew by. I can still remember the week of events that led up to your birth. I remember going into my amnio twice in one week. I remember waiting all day for the phone call to tell me if your lungs were ready for you to be born. I remember the night before I headed to the hospital. I remember the last meal I ate that night. Your Uncle Ronnie and Lem came into town. We had Ribeyes and salad for supper. I wanted a good meal since I was told not to eat after midnight. I remember waking up the next morning, counting down the hours until I was to arrive at the hospital. I remember being wheeled into the delivery room for my c-section. I will never forget the doctors words after he delievered you. He said, " Good thing we delivered her early. She's a big one." I was scared and nervous waiting for the anesthesia to wear off. I wanted to see you and hold you. Of course, I couldn't because it was too late to head to the NICU. I had to wait 12 hrs until I got to see and touch you.
Becoming a mother was natural to me. I was never scared that I couldn't handle motherhood. I chalk up to being the oldest sibling and child of the entire family. I got alot of experience taking care of babies.

























1 comment:

iiri said...

~hugs~ Momma, she's beautiful! You did well, of course.

Belated birthday wishes to Kara!