Well, actually it's getting old.
People I don't talk to or associate with think they know all about me. I hear all kinds of stories about my life. Before I really moved, I already moved to a totally different address. This stemed from me using an old checkbook with an old address to pay an offering with. A week later, one lady asked me how my move was. I asked her what she was talking about. Thats when she told me she heard I moved to ________. I laughed it off. Later I started thinking, the only way anyone would think that was if the treasurer was talking about me. Needless to say, I now pay using cash and never ever fill out the envelope just incase my salary is a topic of discussion.
Another story I found amusing is one day the church was having a dinner. We were told to invite people. My guest happened to be a male. He wanted to hear the "new" preacher. He was a family friend, I have known for years. Well, the next Sunday I found out alot about my life just from those few hours.
I am curious to know what else is being said about me. There are a few people I will talk to but mostly, I keep to myself. And people wonder why.
1 comment:
i can totally relate. i hate stuff like that. : (
Post a Comment