Thursday, September 30th, I had access to our new apartment. I wasn't thinking and set up the cable and internet connections for Friday, October 1st. I moved two carloads, including the tv's and laptop to the new apartment that afternoon.
Friday, morning Kara and I woke up and we headed to the new place to wait on the cable man. To my surprise he was 30 min early. After he set up the tv's and internet, we headed back to Greensboro to get a carload of boxes. My brother was supposed to come up to help me, move more of the big furniture. Due to the heavy rains on the coast, he wrecked his car and wasn't able to help me. Kara and made 3 trips, before I started to feel sick. I had this awful stomach ache, I was starting to feel weak and felt the need to throw up for an hour. I called my mom and asked her if I could stay at her house so she could help keep an eye on Kara. Needless to say, I had a stomach bug all night. I don't think I slept more than 4 hours off and on.
Saturday, I begin to feel a little better (or I think I do) so I head back to Greensboro to begin loading my car up. My mom had to work and was going to bring the truck by when she got off work. She called me letting me know she wasn't going to make it. She got the same bug, I had. She came by the house to let me use the truck to move more boxes and some of the lighter bigger things while she slept. I was still weak but I managed to get two loads moved.
Sunday morning, my mom was feeling better so we loaded the truck up with furniture before I left for church. She went back to Walkertown to get my stepbrother so he could unload the truck and move the rest of the furniture while I was at church. After church we met up and I helped finish the move. I had 3 hrs to move the rest of the stuff before I had a leader meeting at church. I don't think I ever moved things that fast in my entire life. We got everything moved Sunday afternoon.
During the move, things kept happening that seemed like they were going against me. My sickness, my brothers car accident, the power company getting mixed up and turning the power off at the wrong location, and my direct deposit not being in the bank when it needed to be causing my rent check and other bills to bounce. I was having a rough 5 days and I began to be discouraged. I had a friend who recently moved and he kept telling me I was just coming across bumps in the road and everything will be worth it all in the end. Looking back at last week and the events, I know he was right. I was looking at the negative and not looking far enough into the future.
The apartment is huge for a 2 bedroom. The layout isnt a cookie cutter apartment like you see today. My neighbors are nice and helpful. Its a quiet neighborhood, which I am thankful for. That was one of my huge concerns about living here. All in all, I am happy with my decision and I know I made a right one for Kara and me. Once I get settled and unpacked, there will be pictures.
No comments:
Post a Comment