I should have known wanting to have Thanksgiving dinner with MY family would have caused an uproar.
This was planned on October 30th. Should be easy, right? Well, it isn't.
Last year my grandmother wanted Thanksgiving with her daughters, granddaughters, and great grandchildren. Because of scheduling conflicts with in laws and other family obligations, we decided we would have the meal on Friday after Thanksgiving. Kara and I loaded up the car and headed to Asheboro after she had time to spend with her dad's family. We had fun staying up late and waking early the next day. Even heading to the mall for Santa pictures was fun.
I had the idea of doing that again this year because my family (Kara) is spending Thanksgiving day with her father and his family. I offered to buy and prepare the turkey and whatever else was needed. My grandma said that would be nice and even talked about it with my mom and cousin 2 days later.
I talk to my grandma about what else I needed to buy. She freaks out because she forgot. The whole family is in an uproar because they thought it was the Friday before Thanksgiving and she had a bus trip planned. I had to calmly remind everyone its the Friday after Thanksgiving. Still, they are in panic mode. I have half the mind to say forget it and give my turkey away to a needy family.
I cannot wait to see what Christmas Eve is going to be like.
1 comment:
maybe we are related. haha. we go through this too, and unfortunately it has taken a lot of the holiday excitement away from us (other than watching our daughter experience it). we normally can't wait till it's all over. it's amazing that as an adult with a child, we still can't really do what we want.
Post a Comment