On the coldest day of the year, our heat decides to break. We woke up this morning to the house being 69 degrees, only 2 degrees colder than our usual. Normally, the pilot light is out and all we have to do is reset it. I only wish it was that simple. We call our guy at 10:00am letting him know our heat is out. He says, "okay, I will be there in an hour." Three hours later, he decides to show up and informs us, we won't have heat until Monday. Not words you want to hear when you have a baby in the house. He says the shop he uses will not be open until Monday. All we need is a switch to turn the ignitor on. We can't figure out why he can't go to Lowes or the Home Depot. I know everyone thinks they deserve special treatment, but we have a 5 month old. I think that should push us to high priority.
Anyways, Kara has been bundled up all day, with the exception of her socks. She will not keep them on. We have a small space heater in the living room. Kara is sleeping on the loveseat and I am on the couch. Tomorrow we are going to my mom's.
1 comment:
Hey Rita, this is mandy_moo from the WebMD boards. I'm glad I found your blog!!! I'm hoping by now you were able to get the heat fixed!!
Post a Comment