Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Dreams and Watermelon part two

Yes, I ate watermelon before bed last night. No, I didn't have any crazy, off the wall dreams. Maybe it was just a fluke last week. Maybe since we didn't watch TV last night, my mind was clear of all the nonsense.
Last night we sat in the living room, listening to music and watching Kara push an old cell phone around the living room. The time we spent as a family felt like I was back in my teen years, sitting outside with my daddy listening and singing along with the radio on warm summer nights.

I miss those simplier days in life. The only worry I had was to make sure I had my daily chores done. Now, I have lots to worry about. I have a little girl that depends on me to show her right from wrong and how to survive in this crazy world. Which brings me to to request prayer, as I search for a church to go to. I left my home church due to conflict with the congregation. I felt it was time to go because I was no longer being fed there. I have been looking for a place that is good for me and my family. Keep us in your prayers as we look for a place to go.

2 comments:

Tara said...

Believe me when I say I know how hard it is to find a good church - one you feel comfortable in. Will definitely be praying.

jessica said...

this all sounds very familiar to me. it's always good to know you're not alone!