I learned something new yesterday....
Its difficult joining friends without children when they go out for dinner. Last night Kara and I joined some of the older ladies from church at K&W Cafeteria. I was going for the fellowship. Kara went to play. I had to gobble my meal down, fight Kara to eat her food, and keep Kara entertained. Needless to say, I failed. I thought if I let her run around the area where there wasn't customers that would keep her happy. NOT! She wanted to join and talk to EVERYONE because she thought it was a game.
I gave up on the fellowship and decided to go home.
I will pass on the next outing unless its a church wide group and I know we will be going to a place where the kids can play while the parents eat and/or fellowship.
4 comments:
Girl do I know exactly what you are talking about. I feel like I need a constant leash on Andrew. He won't even sit still for storytime at the library but instead thinks it's time to run around. At playgroup, the other mothers are enjoying adult conversation and I'm chasing him (he is the youngest)!
I'm glad I'm not the only one. And people don't understand why we turn things down--they don't think it's a big deal, but it can be really hard on us. Everyone ends up enjoying themselves but me! :)
I was almost in tears on Sunday. I didn't post this. I sing in our church chior. Well, we don't have a scheduled nursery worker. Usually an older lady comes, but she didn't. Kara was being a disobedient toddler and I had to chase her more than I practiced. I finally gave up and sat in the nursery with her. I could have done that at home.
And, I cant stand those leashes, most days I am really considering getting one.
it WILL get better, but i have felt the same way. and it's horrible when other people are watching. we've ended up leaving some things too. if there's no obvious reason, it's probably just a phase. we've had a few that we thought would never end! stick to you guns--that is hardest for me, but she will get it and it will pay off.
Post a Comment