It was just another day for me. Turning 31 wasn't as exciting because I didn't go on my annual beach trip. Maybe Kara and I will go next year when its easier to handle her alone. Since she is learning her boundaries, don't like walking on her own at new places until she gets used to it, and likes to run off at a moments notice, I didn't think taking care of a toddler alone would be a good idea.
Instead, we stayed home. Friday we went to Liberty to the Antiques Festival. We went to two yard sales. My mom got Kara a red wagon, tri-cycle and a riding toy. I bought her a huge Care Bear. My mom also, bought my cousin 2 sacks of baby clothes for her twin boys (to arrive in September).
I attempted to make my own birthday cake. The cake was strawberry with cream cheese icing. I had the bright idea to make a two layer cake with strawberries in the middle and on top. It was a good idea in my head. Needless to say, it didn't turn out. I was told, that is what happens when you make your own cake.
Saturday, we hung out at home. I went shopping later that day. I bought myself a new purse, a dress and a pair of sunglasses. That afternoon a friend came over. We watched last week's Nationwide Series race in Texas. After the race we went to Smokey Bones. I ate entirely too much. Since it was my birthday, I got a free slice of cake. I'm not a huge fan of chocolate, but this Tower of Chocolate cake was yummy. Who doesn't like free cake? The waiter didn't have his co-workers sing to me. I was grateful for that. My dinner company sang to me, which was better than strangers singing to me.
All in all, I had a great birthday. I missed the beach. I enjoyed spending time with my mom, daughter and new friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment